Monday, March 21, 2005

You know what they say about Nostalgia...

It just ain't what it used to be...



Taking a cue from My Urban Kvetch's article about John Delorean's octogenarian demise today (R.I.P.), I thought I'd travel 20 years back in time to do a small tribute to the two best episodes of Amazing Stories ever made, one of which was directed by Robert Zemeckis, starring Christopher Lloyd called "Go To The Head Of The Class" -- pre-Back-To-The-Future nightmarish glee, and the other of which is probably the one of the most uproarious cartoons ever to have graced my pre-pubescent imagination, "The Family Dog," directed by Brad Bird (who won the Oscar for "The Incredibles" last month). When you look at "The Incredibles," you can see all the inspiration coming straight out of "The Family Dog." The whole thing. If I win my current e-Bay bid for the VHS tape, I will (bli neder) rip it to DVD and lend it to you... that is, if you ask nicely...

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, March 21, 2005, Anonymous Esther said...

Thanks for the link...was the ep of Amazing Stories pre-Taxi, as well?

 
At 12:54 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Chazarmaveth said...

this was 1986, 8 years after Taxi, and one year after BTTF came out, so he was a household name at that point... it was just darn creepy to see the his whole affable "nutty professor" shtick become twisted and arcane in this story... then of course there's his unforgettable performance as John Bigboote, which we won't mention here... hamavin yavin, as they say...
thank you for making me laugh this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home