Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Here Come The ABC's



Everyone's favorite (sadly non-Jewish) weirdos, They Might Be Giants, have a new Alphabet-themed kids' DVD and album out now in stores, with a website (Flash required) that gives you some juicy video previews of what to expect...

TMBG teaching the alphabet!!!!! I love it. Little Junior Silverman shall love it. I shall make Little Junior Silverman love it whether he/she actually loves it or not. Acually, when I read that Disney Records is their publisher for this, my knee-jerk reaction was, "Another one bites the dust..." But hey -- if it's helping them make great work that my entire family will be able to enjoy (with the exception of my dear Mother), then whatever... I guess...



One of the videos, an ode to the frequent partnership between the letters "Q" and "U," features them walking around public places in NYC wearing huge custom-foam headmasks with the letters on their heads. Even if they have sold out, they have not yet lost their kookiness.

Anyway, a friend of mine, Clifford Meth, will be interviewing them tomorrow for The Aquarian, and old-school Jersey music mag -- and he scored me 2 free tix to see them this June in NYC!!!! Freakin' A!!!! I thought maybe one of the members was Jewish (with a name like "Flansburgh," who would doubt it? and they are from Brooklyn, after all... and they did do that Chanukah song that one time...), but evidently, neither of them are. Bummer. It would be totally rad to have "Hineh Ha-Aleph-Bet Bo!" for Little Junior Silverman to learn his aleph-bet, but... alas, no can do. Maybe that should be my first independent project... hmmmmm....

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, April 20, 2005, Anonymous BB2B said...

Actually, I was planning to buy it for you -- knowing that it would be music you'd want Junior to hear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home