Monday, April 11, 2005

The Sh!tHiker's Guide To The Galaxy



Awww, man...

Planet Magrathea, who is evidently a big-time Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan, seems to think, after having seen a sneak-preview of the new live-action adaptation of the classic book, that it totally blows. I am sorry to hear this, but I can't say that I'm altogether surprised. The 80's TV series, which was campy, low-budget, overly-zany, and in general a complete, utter flop, was probably the best anyone could have done -- the material is SO HARD TO TURN INTO A SANITIZED, AMERICANIZED POPCORN-MUNCHER!!!! Anyway, check out the trailer here (which, to be fair, doesn't look half-bad, but then, I like sanitized, Americanized popcorn-munchers).

(Thanks to Bar for showing me Daypop, an interesting top 40 blog where I found the above review.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home