Friday, April 22, 2005

Two Groovy Paschal FLASH Treats



From the same guys who brought you "Good To Be In D.C." and "This Land Is Your Land" (aka JibJab) comes a Flash animation about... yup, you guessed it, the Paschal festival, done with the same eye for minute detail coupled with pinpoint technical/stylistic excellence that they bring to all of their work...

It's good, but it's not my favorite... the Jewish "Eminem" emcee character is just a wee bit too shlocky for my taste... The "Who Let The Jews Out" thing still has my vote for 2005 Best Paschal Flash Animation (if this isn't an actual award yet, well, then it should be).

Another Flash animation I saw today was cooler, more colorful, more learned and less shtick-based, but it's all in Hebrew -- caveat watchtor (heh). Having done the Seder in Hebrew for the past 8 years, I think it does a pretty admirable job getting the whole thing down in about 60 seconds.

Nods to Jewlicious for that one, and to Jewschool for the JibJab one... They always seem to get there before me, the bastids... how do they do that? Anyway, Chag Kasher v'Sameach, y'all!

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, April 22, 2005, Anonymous yomama said...

Don't matter if you found it first or not -- the JibJab one was pretty dang funny -- couldn't get the Hebrew one, but I'll keep trying.
Happy Pesach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home