Friday, July 29, 2005

The Wish Power Are Together With You



Oh my Lord is this ever funny.

The above is the first in a series of screenshots from a bootleg DVD of Revenge of the Sith that someone named Jeremy, who happens to be in Bangkok, scored on the street shortly after the film came out in theaters. In his words (reposted on a blog called Matthew in Beirut):

i saw revenge of the sith last weekend at a local theater with my friend joe who was in town on business. it was much better than the first two movies and a fitting end (err.. middle) to the star wars saga. the next day i was walking past my friendly dvd salesperson and decided to check out revenge of the sith. i was assured the quality was good and for 7rmb why not give it a shot. aside from the counters on the top of the screen and a distorted perspective it was ok- not high quality but watchable. the captions were a hilarious surprise- a direct english translation of the chinese interpretation of what the script was saying. it varied from being somewhat close to the script to being 'far far away'....

My beautiful wife (who is quite nerve-rackingly close to childbirth now, he said, digging around frantically for his catcher's mitt) recently bought me the Star WarsTrilogy DVD Set that I had requested on my birthday wish list, and we've been watching it. That's why this post is shayach to my life right now, besides the fact that it's funny as all heckfire.

(Thanks to Sef Gray, my badass IT man, for this link, yo!)

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, July 29, 2005, Anonymous youknowwho said...

Correct spelling is Bangkok (keep your thoughts clean!).
BTW, Revenge of the Sith is coming out on legal DVD on November 1st.
Good Shabbos!

 
At 11:44 AM, July 29, 2005, Anonymous W-Stu said...

You're shayach to me every day, Chazzy. Thanks for the magical happy love touch. Good Shabbes, and as they say in Bangkok:

Allowance for accompaniment of pressure.

 
At 7:16 AM, May 07, 2010, Anonymous Term Papers said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my Term Papers Writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home