Friday, September 30, 2005

Hard Day's Night



I'm wiped today. Up late last night, tending to a cute (but inexplicably fussy) baby. Yeah, she's cute, but sometimes she just cries for no conceivable reason. And that keeps me up. That, my Snood addiction, and my idiotic desire to blog.

When I whined about it to Ofer this morning, he told me the following story, which was told to him by an Israeli Arab:

In the Beginning, G-d handed out life-expectancies to all of the different species. To man, G-d decided that 20 years was enough.

When man heard about G-d's decision, he approached G-d. "20 years? That's nothin'! How about some more?"

G-d said, "Allright, fine. You can have 70, but I'll have to get another 50 years from somewhere!" So He swiped 30 years from the Donkey and 20 years from the Dog.

That way, man would live like man for the first 20 years, then for the next 30 he'd work like a donkey, and would have the last 20 to die like a dog!


'Course, the story probably sounds better spoken in Arabic-inflected Hebrew.

And on that cheerful, inspiring note, Good Shabbos!

5 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der ┼íteg) said...

Great story :-)

 
At 2:04 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger WanderingStu said...

your baby is fucking gorgeous, and so are you. but please, oh meine bruder aus dem floridenstaat, don't talk shit on my comments, even if its true-- cuddly stu don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings...

i mean, insult me all you want, you bald, misanthropic geek, but leave my special guest stars alone.

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, October 02, 2005, Anonymous Editor said...

good stuff ChatzarChaim..

check out my litile contribution to blogworld..

Shana Tova!

 
At 10:36 AM, October 06, 2005, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Ha! I was so sure it was the other snood addiction you were talking about....go funky Bat Ayin headgear!

 
At 10:14 AM, October 09, 2005, Blogger Chazarmaveth said...

dear editor,
thanks. call me ChatzarChaim one more time and i will hunt you down where you live and force-feed you a "yechi hamelech" kippa.
gmar chasima tova!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home