Tuesday, September 13, 2005

"Take My Love, Take My Land..."



We don't own a TV in our house. The devil's soapbox, we're prone to call it.

But we do have a DVD player. And high-speed internet. One way or another, in our home or in someone else's, our new daughter's impressionable little mind will become slowly yet thoroughly inundated with Scratch's barbed missives.

Whatev. At least she'll be able to watch Firefly. And by the time she's able to understand it, the movie version will long be into sequels...

Serenity premieres in 17 days. Last time I ventured forth to the cinema, it was for the depressingly mediocre Star Wars conclusion. I've got a feeling I won't be nearly as disappointed this time...

(Thanks to Esther at My Urban Kvetch for putting the Firefly DVD set on her Amazon Wish List -- goes to show ya, you never know where you'll strike gold...)

4 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, September 15, 2005, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

How could I be so out of the pop culture loop that until your posting I had no clue Firefly even existed? Goes to show where not having a TV OR a DVD player will get ya...

 
At 12:31 PM, September 18, 2005, Anonymous Alan Scott said...

Firefly is an incredible show, but nobody knew it existed while it was on. All the fans I've met (including me) saw it after cancellation on DVD or copies downloaded.
Can't wait for the movie!

 
At 1:15 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger barseff said...

hey man,

welcome back to posting bro.


i just want to see Sponge Bob Square Pants the movie. at least i can watch it with my daughter.

anybody catch the moronic and hilarious humor of Sifl n' Ollie on MTV in the '90s.

 
At 5:17 PM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous michael said...

Firefly is awesome. I'm going to have to buy like twelve tickets to Serenity to do my part to ensure more sequels. Or, inshallah, the revival of the TV show on a channel that doesn't blow monkeys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home