Sunday, October 23, 2005

Rent Is Too Damn High



The 2005 NYC General Election is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I just got my Voter Guide in the mail. Among the candidates for Mayor of New York City: Mike Bloomberg (R), Fernando Ferrer (D), and Jimmy McMillan (RTD).

(RTD) = Rent is Too Damn High Party.

Bloomberg says, "We must preserve the quality of life, keep unemployment down, bring up test scores in the schools." Ferrer says, "We must provide an affordable lifestyle for all New Yorkers, and improve Education."

McMillan says, "Rent Is Too Damn High. There is Nothing More To Talk About."

I'd been waiting for someone to cut through all the crap and tell me what I wanted to hear!!! Finally, after all those hours (okay, minutes) of searching, I'd found my candidate!!!

Or so I thought, until I looked at his party's official website, which invokes the International Jewish Conspiracy as the indubitable source of Rent Being Too Damn High.

Sheesh... talk about a letdown!!!

I may still vote for him, though, if his DVD gets here before November 8. His website says that it's "Available Soon," so I'm hoping Papa Smurf gets it together before then...

3 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, October 23, 2005, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der ┼íteg) said...

how disappointing :-(

 
At 9:36 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger barseff said...

he's got a point about that section of williamsburg. most of the new buildings going up are for jews only, but they own the buildings and they've already reserved the apartments for other hasids. i don't think that is illegal, it's just that the hasids have the money. i'm surprised he didn't bring up section 8.

chag sameach!
barrry

 
At 12:51 PM, October 24, 2005, Anonymous Ezra said...

This guy's list of religions is awesome, you have to wonder how many Jainists there are in NYC?#$%^&?? Plus, when he adds "Chinese folk," is that the religion of Chinese folks, the way Bush junior uses the word 'folks' or is it the Chinese folk-traditions that make up a religion?
I can totally picture this guy walking around, "Damn, them Chinese folks sure believe some crazy stuf..."

-Ezra

Christianity
Islam
Hinduism
Buddhism
Sikhism
Jainism
Taoism
Confucianism
Shinto
Bahai
Atheists
Zoroastrianism
Wicca
Spiritism
Shamanism
Animism
Chinese folk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home