Friday, October 28, 2005

So, So Assur...



... but oh, so right...

Yup, the following three things are forbidden, if not m'Deorita, then definitely m'Drabbanan:

1) Celebrating Halloween,
2) Getting shikker and fraternizing with non-Jews,
3) Dressing up like a Franciscan monk with a huge-ass crucifix around my neck.

Butchya know what?

I had a hard Tishrei. I've been doin' mitzvahs straight-up for a whole freakin' month -- I freakin' deserve to cut loose a little.

Plus, it made everyone from my office laugh like hell.

Happy Hallow--- I mean, Gut Shabbos.

(Also pictured: Ofer, posing as Baron Samedi, and Ingrid Mody, who is patently not offended by my costume)

6 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, October 29, 2005, Blogger WanderingStu said...

This Fanatical West-Bank Ultra-Orthodox Rabbinic Student is patently unoffended by Ingrid Mody-- heat up the Mikveh!

Sweaty in the Mikveh! Make you wet, well, well, well....

 
At 7:41 PM, October 29, 2005, Anonymous youknowwho said...

Sigh...I guess I have to take some of the blame for your sin. After all those childhood years of Chewbacca, Boba Fett, et al October costumes, not to mention wandering the neighborhood in search of candy,I guess it became ingrained in your psyche that October was costume time.
I gotta tell you that your choice of costume this year was pretty damn funny!

 
At 10:57 AM, October 30, 2005, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

laughing and slightly horrified at the same time....

 
At 11:37 PM, October 30, 2005, Blogger Chazarmaveth said...

well, ah. ahem. mmm.
it *was* a costume, MCA. no need for any horror here.
i'm not gonna pull a Fifty Shekel or anything, buddy...
but i do appreciate your concern... and your laugh...

 
At 12:00 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der ┼íteg) said...

One year i for Purim dressed up as a certain one of my friends (who has a distinctive clothing style)... and he dressed up as a Catholic priest.

And once my brother and a friend dressed up as Jay and Silent Bob, and pulled off not just the costume but the personalities perfectly!

 
At 12:23 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger barseff said...

hilarious

how do you link up blog headings?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home