Monday, October 31, 2005

Yogurt-Flavored Cheese



Is there anyone on G-d's green earth who thinks that a product called "Yogurt Burst Cheerios" sounds appetizing? Just imagine... biting into a mouthful of what you think are inocuous litte crunchy-O's, but instead, you get a sickeningly warm, moist-and-sploochy mouthful of soft Cheerio-esque material that has been suffused with... YOGURT?!?!!!

Eyyyyyyyuchh-tza!!!!!!!

No freaking wonder General Mills needed to create this clever internet karaoke machine (which requires the Flash plug-in and a touch-tone phone) to hawk such a barfalicious product!

I sang this song for my wife Sarah, who is currently in L.A. for two weeks with her parents, leaving me here in NYC to eat frozen pizza and watch movies by myself... *sob*... I really wish that General Mills had offered a broader selection of songs, but somehow, in the bitterness of my solitude, their selection (Michael Bolton's "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?") expresses my soul's deepest sorrows far better than anything else I could have chosen myself...

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, November 01, 2005, Blogger barseff said...

ummm, i love yogurt and i enjoy cheerios, sounds good to me.
you're just not in touch with the pulse of cereal heaven.

 
At 6:05 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger WanderingStu said...

dude barry-- i had a yogurt burst once, and it took three internists, a urologist and a piano tuner to get it to stop flowing. that stuff sounds nasty.

tonite is Reb Shlomo's Yahrzeit.
we just had a huge meal at the house with lots of Nahlaot chevre. wish you were here.

some day i will sell a nahlaot-inspired goat cheese called
Chevre Chevre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home