Monday, January 30, 2006

Breakin the Law, Breakin the Law



Wow. Just got an e-mail from a way-old pal of mine, Jason King.

For those who don't know, I used to do installation/performance art back in the day. Me and Big Daddy J, as I'm fond of calling him, were major collaborators. And we made a pretty kick-butt team, if I may say so myself.

Turns out, homeboy's been doin' some f*ed up, nightmarish-ass Photoshoppery over on his Flickr site (the above image is from his Neverland, Amerika collection, which is definitely worth a look-see).

From his description of why he's making these images:

"I live (temporarily) on a little patch of used to be farmland with a big barn, a farmhouse, and some outbuildings. I have a camera. I got a couple of masks that I adore. I am alone, except for my wife and cat. Put it all together and my mind started churning out this whole little imaginary world."

I am humbled by these images, which give me this strange twisting apocalyptic feeling all throughout my viscera, and am reminded that even though my below demo reel is all flashy-and-slick-and-savvy and stuff, I haven't really been making any ART in the 2 years since I graduated Art School...

...and that kinda sucks.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah wah, I make no art....
Get a job: http://newyork.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=3&subAreaID=0&query=dvd+authoring&catAbbreviation=jjj

All my love,
one-of-your-many-anonymousers

 
At 11:48 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Chazarmaveth said...

don't you "wah-wah" me, jerky.
i know which "anonymous" you are.
furthermore... well, i can't say.

 
At 11:17 AM, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I post to see how quickly my comments are deleted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home